Friday, February 27, 2009

What a week

This week was one for the record books. I got my butt out of bed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday morning I did a brutal workout and then rode Tuesday night with a group of guys using lights, and man did we hammer. I held my own though and rode really strong, which kind of surprised me after my hard workout in the morning. I ended up with over 3 hours on Tuesday. Man if you have never ridden at night you are missing out on a very interesting experience. Pace lining at night is a interesting mix of danger and excitement. Riding at night also plays with your brain because all you can see is what your light lites up, which is about 7 feet of road ahead of you and nothing else. The only part I didn't like was on climbs because I could not see where the end was, but overall I am looking forward to next Tuesday. I am racing on Sunday at the Banana Belt race in Gaston which is about 25 miles south west of Portland. It is a 100% chance of rain and 10mph winds which should make for and interesting day. On top of that is the over 700' of climbing each of the 4 laps. I should have an interesting race report for you on Sunday.

No comments: