Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why I Race Cyclocross

For those of you that have never done cyclocross you don't know what you are missing. Not only is it a total blast, but it really helps with bike handling skills and most of all keeps you fit. My last race which was 2 weeks ago, was 60min. During the race I was in zone 4 for 45 minuets and zone 5 for 15. Not all at once but at various points in the race. That kind of effort every couple of weeks keeps your Anaerobic Threshold up, so come December you don't have to work so hard in the building phase.

I raced today in Salem,OR, that is about an hour north of Eugene. Today's race was on an old golf course. It was a really cool course but totally brutal since it has been raining for the last week. The ground was totally water logged which made for insane rolling resistance. As the race started I was in pretty good position, but could not hold the pace of the leaders and fell back through the pack. I was completely out of gas, but decided to finish no matter what. At the end I was completely wasted, but I had finished and that is what is important.

No comments: