Sunday, November 23, 2008

Running Sucks

So after a brutal cyclocross race yesterday, in which I totally sucked, Heather wanted to run today. Oh, I forgot to mention, poor out of shape, Heather won her women's Cat A Race yesterday. That chick is a genetic freak and I hope Zach got some of it. We decided to check out the local MTB trail first to see if it was ok to ride, it was not. I am totally against people riding when it is muddy, it destroys what precious trail systems we have left. So after a little recon on that trail we decided to turn around and head to the top of Spencer Butte. It is 2.5miles up and 2.5mile back on mostly good trail until you get to within about a quarter mile of the top, then the trail ends at a boulder field. From there it is find your own way to the top. But the view was awesome. On the way up we went through a foggy section of tail, it was pretty cool, but as we got to the top we realized it was a cloud. When we came out of the fog it was totally sunny and we were looking down on the clouds. We could see the Sisters which are part of the Cascade Mountain Range. I wished I would have brought the camera, but I didn't. But I can assure you I will next time.
Scott

1 comment:

Team Friesen Hill said...

jfriesen@iupui.edu and David's is darhill@iupui.edu