Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The bicycling is amazing and so is the town

I did not think you could ascend over 2000' in less than 15 miles but I managed to do it the other day, heck just getting out of our subdivision you climb 100 feet in less than a minute and then another 200 if you want to go out the back way to the non busy roads. I have found some climbs that are around two miles in length that avg 4 to 6% and then some that hit 18%+. Then if you want to ride into town, like to the Tuesday night crit, you descend 340' in less than a mile hitting 40+mph, the only problem with that is that you have to climb back up that thing on the way home, it really hurts after you have just done a 25mile crit averaging 24+.

They also have a Saturday and Sunday morning ride. I was able to do the Saturday ride and man those guys are strong on the climbs luckily they wait for everybody when they get to the top. We climbed over 3000' that day. So I guess I need to get myself back into climbing shape after living in the flat lands for the last 2 years.

On the house front we have just about got all the boxes unloaded and I have been working real hard on getting the murals in Zach's room done before Heather goes back to work. This town is really cool, there is so much to do. On Saturday and Tuesday they have the"city market" downtown. They sell everything from fresh produce to jewelry and pottery. Zach has turned into a strawberry monster, when we go to the market we have to try to keep him away from the areas where the strawberries are or he goes over and tries to take some off the table.

Well, that is all for now it almost 1am and i have a hunnydo list a mile long for tomorrow so I better get some sleep.

No comments: