Thursday, September 25, 2008

Celebration continued

Its been a few weeks, but cyclocross season started and we have been super busy. So here is the rest of the stage race. Early Sunday morning the Time Trial took place. I was in 11th overall so not to bad for me, my main goal for the TT, or any TT, is not to finish last. The cours was a 7 mile out and back fairly flat so decide to ride my fixed gear track bike. I really think it helped me because i did not finish last. Later that day was the crit, I was really looking foward to this because that is kinda my turf. As the race started I decided to just hang out because the guy in 1st had a good team and they were controlling everything. so with a lap to go I moved up the inside on the backstrech and went into the final corner in 3rd. It is 300m to the line from the corner so i was thinking second win of the season. As we came around the corner the guys in front of me just died and I had to make a split second decision. Lead it out or get swarmed from behind and have no chance of winning. I went by the saying, "when in doubt lead it out." So that is what I did, and took the winner all the way to the line. I was able to hold 38mph for about 200m but he came around me right at the line and there was a guy on my left that got me but a tire, so got 3rd which is good enough for me.

No comments: